Friday, May 27, 2011

A Word from Sister Abbie on Emily's 17th Birthday

A WORD FROM SISTER ABBIE: "Today would be Emily's 17th birthday, if she was still alive. When I think of Emily, I think of a gift so precious, so undeserving, that I begin to realize why God would want her in heaven with Him instead of in this dark world. She had such a pure heart and passionate soul. She loved everyone to the fullest extent and clung to the people around her. I miss her each and every day. But somehow it feels like the pain of her not being here starts to come alive again on events like this one. Emily, I will see you again. And when I do, It will be the happiest day of my life. I miss you so much and cherish the time I spent with you. I love you ♥ Happy Birthday."
We planted a snowball bush in her memory today. It's not bloomed yet, so the picture below is of the lilac bush we planted last year for her 16th.

No comments: